Friday, June 17, 2011

Dear Diary

It occurred to me today (why it didn't occur to me weeks ago, I'm not sure) that this blog is really just a public diary.  The whole world (if they choose to read it) gets to hear all about my random sexcapades and innermost thoughts.  As a teenager I kept my diary under lock and key.  Literally.  And then, when I started Doogie Howsering my Diary, I kept it password protected. 

It seems it should be the other way around.  Aren't we more inclined to hide our embarrassing and shameful moments as grown ups?  I mean, what did teenage Jen ever do that was all that secret worthy?  Well, I guess there were a few things.  Like the time my boyfriend got to third base with me in the bathroom while my family was having game night in the other room.  Or the time I dated my 28 year old boss when I was 16.  That one was pretty gross when I look back on it.  I mean, at the time, I was like, omigod, he's sooooo fiiiine, and he wants to go out with me!  But I was a dumb kid.  He was a grown up.  What kind of sick twisted 28 year old takes out a 16 year old?

Well, now the most shameful and embarrassing things from teenage Jen are out there and there's more to come from grown up Jen.  I don't know if it was because of The Divorce or not but, I said goodbye to shame and I said goodbye to my filter and in the process I said goodbye to 45 pounds (well, 245 pounds if you count The Ex).  I don't know about you, but I like this Jen.  She's sooooo fiiiiine.

No comments:

Post a Comment