Follow by Email

Friday, June 17, 2011

Dear Diary

It occurred to me today (why it didn't occur to me weeks ago, I'm not sure) that this blog is really just a public diary.  The whole world (if they choose to read it) gets to hear all about my random sexcapades and innermost thoughts.  As a teenager I kept my diary under lock and key.  Literally.  And then, when I started Doogie Howsering my Diary, I kept it password protected. 

It seems it should be the other way around.  Aren't we more inclined to hide our embarrassing and shameful moments as grown ups?  I mean, what did teenage Jen ever do that was all that secret worthy?  Well, I guess there were a few things.  Like the time my boyfriend got to third base with me in the bathroom while my family was having game night in the other room.  Or the time I dated my 28 year old boss when I was 16.  That one was pretty gross when I look back on it.  I mean, at the time, I was like, omigod, he's sooooo fiiiine, and he wants to go out with me!  But I was a dumb kid.  He was a grown up.  What kind of sick twisted 28 year old takes out a 16 year old?

Well, now the most shameful and embarrassing things from teenage Jen are out there and there's more to come from grown up Jen.  I don't know if it was because of The Divorce or not but, I said goodbye to shame and I said goodbye to my filter and in the process I said goodbye to 45 pounds (well, 245 pounds if you count The Ex).  I don't know about you, but I like this Jen.  She's sooooo fiiiiine.

No comments:

Post a Comment