Monday, August 20, 2012

Dumb Detox, Days 16-18

We got to add back nuts* and beans (or legumes - if you're feeling fancy).  This weekend was all about nuts* for me.  And because I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy, every time I say the word 'nuts'* I think of male genitalia.  And I laugh like Beavis and Butthead.

I brought apples, celery and almond butter with me to work on Friday for my snacks and then carried on the tradition Saturday and Sunday.  I didn't really explore the bean department - not when I had so many delicious nuts* around!

When I eat the almond butter, I have to keep a tablespoon on hand (I even brought one to work) so I am sure to measure my servings.  I need that kind of control.  Otherwise, my apple wedges and celery stalks become edible spoons for to shovel almond butter into my face hole.

So far, I'm not having any bad reactions.  I don't think I'm allergic to nuts*.  Unless we are talking about male genitalia, in which case I will definitely say I'm allergic to nuts* if it means I have to keep my face far away from them.

18 down, 10 to go!


*hehe, nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment