Friday, August 17, 2012

Dumb Detox, Days 14 & 15

The ass flush week is over and we get to add things back to our diet now - starting with gluten free breads, cereals and starches and dairy-free dairy products (made from rice - not soy).

Day 14:

I am such a happy camper today!  I had a half serving of oatmeal for breakfast with my shake (wasn't hungry enough for a whole serving!) and brought a salad and rice pasta with marinara to work.  I made the marinara last night and it was really had not to put wine in it - or MEAT for that matter - but it's still pretty damn good if I do say so myself.  It could use some Parmesan...ahh cheese...Anyway, I blended avocados into the salad dressing (The Magic Bullet - best purchase ever) to make it all creamy.  I'm so creative!

Oh em gee.  I couldn't finish my pasta.  Not because it didn't taste good.  But because I am FULL.  What?  Huh?  Yeah!  I'm full!  Okay, so maybe I served myself 2 portions of pasta and I only ate 1 and a half...but where I come from, that's called PROGRESS, sister!  I would please like a medal or reward of some kind?  K, thx.

I couldn't finish my dinner pasta either!  I have an extra serving for tomorrow!  This is totally whack.  Sup with the whack detox, sup!

Day 15:

I added arugula to my salad today.  Totally spiced it up.  And I have a new way of cooking broccoli and green beans.  I kinda copied the idea from Buca.  I saute them in olive oil and lemon juice with garlic and a little salt.  They're crunchy (said like Giada with a strong R) and delicious!

Can't wait for tomorrow - we get to add back nuts and beans!  Wow, that may be the dumbest thing I've ever been excited about.  Well, probably not, but let's not go there.

15 down, 13 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment